Fair price for Hustler 2500 (25HP Kohler, 60inch Deck)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bdoss123, Apr 1, 2006.

1. bdoss123

bdoss123 LawnSite Member

As the title says, I'm trying to find out a fair price for a moderately used Hustler 2500, w/ 60inch deck. The mower is in good running condition, but no idea on the actual hours.

Can anyone give me a guess, or range for the mower?

[​IMG]

- BD

2. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

what the heck is that think.

i'll give you $5
    and i'll scrap it out for steel scrap

3. bdoss123

bdoss123 LawnSite Member

"What the hell is that think" -- not sure what that is supposed to mean, but appreciate the reply anyway.

- BD

4. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Im not really sure i would GUESS around 2500 maybe? I really dont know...what is that wheel thing in the front?

5. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

There is a guy on here who is running them. His name on here is etwman. He might be able to help you out.

6. Supertiger

Supertiger LawnSite Member

Its a curb and driveway edger. You place the disk in the edge of the concrete driveway or walkway and then the weight of the mover pushes down on it and you drive the mower along the curb and it slices the edge of the grass off and leave a nice deep cut edge. this thing works especially well on those yards that haven't been edged in years and the grass is over lapping on to the concrete. but after its been used its faster and easier to just use a normal stick edger for the remainder of the year.

7. bdoss123

bdoss123 LawnSite Member

I was thinking about 1700-2000 for the mower, but that would be contingent upon him letting me drive it when I went up there to see it in person. From what I've read that particular machine is supposed to be a tank, but I just don't have any experience in the ZTR market (nor enough money to buy one new).

BD

8. grassbandit

grassbandit LawnSite Member

I think if you can pick that thing up for that price, you are doing great. That thing is a tank, I considered buying one myself that drove and mowed great, but at the time I didn't really need it, Great machines though.

9. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

around what year is that?

10. bdoss123

bdoss123 LawnSite Member

Not exactly sure, based upon some other Hustler 2500 posts that I found in a search it is probably from the mid 90s. The first generation of the 2500 didn't have the 25HP Kohler engine, so I would think it would be the second generation of that machine.
    I am very tempted to go ahead with the purchase, but want to make sure I've covered all my bases before I go up there to look in person.

Thanks for all the help,
    BD