Fair Price for Running a Rented Loader?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by mojob, Jan 6, 2007.

1. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

I posted this on plowsite as well, but I figured people here would know too. I had to rent a loader to move some snow around at this apartment complex I do. How much should I charge them per hour to operate a rented loader? What's fair?

2. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

We charge $75.00 to $100.00 for Bobcat. What size loader.

3. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I am wondering the same thing?

4. mojob

It was a JD 110 with a 15 cuft bucket.

5. dtrap420

dtrap420 LawnSite Member

In our area a 60" bucket would run about $85 per hour minimum. Some guys get closer to $100.00. It depends how much traffic is present and how tight the areas are that we will be working with it. I would also reccomend getting a plow for it instead of the bucket unless you are using it to actually move the snow to another area or stack it high because a lot of snow will push out of each side of the bucket since you cant angle it to one side. It really takes longer than with a plow so quote with that in mind. Good luck.

6. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I replyed on plowsite as well. Personally I would figure what the loader cost me to rent, then add what I need to get per hour. A JD 544a my buddy runs, he gets atleast $150 -$200 per hour, but he owns it. Should def. be over $125.oo per hour IMO.

7. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

something that big i would think to be around $250

8. weedwoop

weedwoop LawnSite Member

65 degrees here today so I guess you could charge what ever you want. LOL!

9. mojob

Thanks for the replies. The loader was a pretty small tractor type. I wish I would've sprung for a bigger one, but that was the biggest one the closest rental place had.

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

The question that needs to be answered is how much does it cost to get the lot cleared of snow...

I unfortunately don't have the answer to that, but what I do know is it makes little difference whether the loader is rented or owned or even if you do it with a hand shovel, the price should be roughly the same.

So, we need to find out about the going price for clearing that lot, depending on size and amount of material to be cleared.