Fair Price for Running a Rented Loader?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by mojob, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I already have the cost of 'moving and/or stacking snow' via 'heavy equipment' in my signed contracts. That way there is no issue. I have a flat fee of $400 for the first two hours (minimum two hours charged) and 100 per hour thereafter.

3. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I would image that you should brake down the cost fo the rental into the number fo hours used onthe job, inflate it at least 25% for your time to pickup and return it, then add your hourly rate and delivery fee on it. Since I have no idea what they rent for, I cannot give you this definition in $$$, however, some of the the suggestions I have seen replied woudl fall in the range of my percieved rental costs.

4. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

Since I was renting this loader, I don't have any maintenance expenses to figure into my price. So I figure my price would be a little less than if I owned the loader, no? I ended up charging $80/hr for about 20 hours. The loader cost me $500 plus fuel so I made money on the deal. Maybe not as much as some of you, but I'm happy and they're happy and I made it through my first blizzard and looks like I'll be around for the next one. Thanks again for all the input.

5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

you can't ask for more than the customer and you both being satisfied.