Fair price for this Duramax?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by TXNSLighting, Jan 22, 2010.

1. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

2. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

3. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Seems about fair. I'm looking at an 03' Dmax 4x4 with 120k for $15k.

4. Maple Wood

Maple Wood LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe fair. 2 wheel drive long beds dont have good resale. I am not a big fan of the LLY engine code. I like the LB7 or the LBZ.

5. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

The more i look at it the better deal it seems. Its only 15 miles from me, so im gonna go look at it tomorrow.

6. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

Around here, the ext cab. Lb is very popular surprisingly..Hmm i actually heard the LLY was better than the LB7..

7. Maple Wood

Maple Wood LawnSite Senior Member

LB7 injectors have been an issue. They are warranted to 200K The lly is the first attempt at smog reduction and it hurts the fuel milage. I have had a LB7 LLY and currently have a LBZ. The LLY gave me the most problems, could have been a lemon. But the fuel mileage thing is pretty well known. I go 20-21 with the LB7. 14-16 with the LLY and I get 20-22 with the LBZ. I have a friend with a LLY that has been modified and EFI lived he gets around 18 or 19.

8. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

14-16??? wow! I had a LBZ previously and like the engine alot. It got around 21mpg, But i was told the LLY was very similar..Yeh i knew the LB7's had the 200k warranty, thats why i didnt even look at those. Thanks for the info man!

9. westcoh

westcoh LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alberta

I wouldn't worry at all about buying an LLY. I've got an 05 and I've had some issues with the truck, but the LLY engine has been flawless. It's a crewcab longbox and after a few mods I'm seeing up to 22mpg on the highway.

10. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

Thats good to hear!