Fair price for used BR600 blower....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Steve Swail, May 3, 2008.

1. Steve Swail

Steve Swail LawnSite Member

A guy in the area is selling a used Stihl BR600 blower. Says it's 1 1/2 yrs old, used by his dad commercially for one season & then he's had it in his garage for home use since then. Has some normal wear & tear on the outside but in good shape overall. I'm going to pick it up from him on Monday, take it to a dealer & have him look it over (compression test as well). It's a 4-mix unit which scares me a little given the mixed reviews on here. If I fall in love with it, what do you think's a fair price to offer for the machine? Thanks.

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

$230 maybe... they are $430 new... was it really used by his father, or was it used by another LCO that he stole it from...

3. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

i Have the br8510 and i dont care what anyone says it kicks ass,have had no problems with it so far and alot of companies around me swear by them. It out blows the PB755 echo that i had by far!

4. Steve Swail

Steve Swail LawnSite Member

lol....I don't know if it's hot or not. I know stolen equipment is nothing to laugh about, but honestly, it never even crossed my mind. I talked to the guy today & he seemed to be pretty straight up. Guess I could always check the serial # when I have it at the dealer. And I appreciate the price check on aisle one also :)....

5. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

yea. someone stole my br600 so..yea... lol. better not be mine! It has a zip-tie holding the strap to the frame and electrical tape around the tube! Good luck with it! hopefully you can get a nice blower for cheap!

6. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

$430 is dirt cheap for a new one, at least in my region. That's what 420's go for around here. If it's a year and a half old, have it checked out and make sure it has the newer style exhaust valve.

7. C4chris70

C4chris70 LawnSite Senior Member

Completely depends on the region. BR600 goes for $500.00 around here.

8. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd offer $200, they sell for $400 here. I wouldn't go any higher than that. You just never know how hard of a life it has had. I had three I sold for $250 each that were a year old, I replace them with RedMax.

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

A true br600 is $500+ new.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/STIHL-PROFESSIO...ryZ20538QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    And they're hard to find, as far as I know it's still the second-most powerful blower on the market.
    I believe number one is the Kawasaki 8000 series, even harder to find lol
    Nothing else even comes close, the rest look like handhelds in comparison, well almost...

The 420 and the 550 you can get 400'ish, and if your dealer is selling 600's for that you should get TWO lol.

I would say if it's in really nice shape I'd offer right at 350-400 for it, used.
    For that it would have to look almost new still, with the owner's manual and everything like the T-shaped torx tool.
    Otherwise 300 and up, now if it's all tore up then 200-250.

It's a Stihl, coming from such a high quality brand name it's just not something we like to haggle down.
    Odd the seller didn't mention a price, it's top of the line from Stihl, the best, elite cream of the crop.
    You can try as low as you want I suppose...
    But I'd bring some spare cash just in case.

10. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

My shindaiwa is way more powerful than any 600 i tested both of them out. No comparison. 8510! 20 dollars more.