1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fair Price?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gunputt, Nov 30, 2001.

1. gunputt

gunputt LawnSite Member

I am looking for suggestions on square foot pricing in the midwest(Nebraska) for both commercial and residential. Turf care only.

Thanks, John
  2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

WELCOME to Lawnsite.

You need to explain "Turf Care only" a little better. Are you referring to applications or mowing? Mowing wise, you need to look at a lawn to determine price. You dont figure mowing by the square foot. As for fert applications, you should probably ask this in the other section "Pesticide Application".
  3. gunputt

gunputt LawnSite Member

I will be mowing and trimmming. ( for now anyway)
  4. Jedi

Jedi LawnSite Member

Gunputt, I have done some business in Omah the best I can tell you about Omaha, is it is usually priced per 1k. The lawns are for the most part are cut and blow no bagging. The pricing I have heard is $30-35min for 5k. The commercial properties are all over the board I can't really give you an idea as for as price. If you do commercial's most want a complete service for all seasons and then some. I have one suggestion is make sure you can lock you equipment I hear theft is a big problem.