fairly good day today!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by C.T. Lawn Care, Aug 7, 2004.

1. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

well today started out like any other day... out to mow at 8 and on the way i get a call from a friend of one of my other customers. he says that he had a mowing crew that used to do his house that just stopped and didnt come.... for 3 weeks and asked if i would come and give him an estimate. i said sure.. i know you are all thinking that there is a reason they havent been there in three weeks... not the case... anyways while i am there mowing and just about to finish cleaning up a young woman pulled up next to me and asked me to give her and estimate... i was like sure.. so i did now i have 2 new accounts today... and when i was just about done with this guys yard the other crew showed up... in lol a 95 dually pulling a 5x8 foot trailor with one troybuilt 33" walk behind mower. i had to laugh, not at him of course but to myself. anyways he drove by and then again... and i was done and went to the customer and said was that the other guy? he said yes but they are done i am tired of them not coming when they said they would... so now i have 2 new accounts and i didnt have to do anything but mow one yard good to get 2 more....... sorry this is soo long and if you cant understand it sorry again... lol have a good one all!

2. Fresh-cut.com

Fresh-cut.com LawnSite Member
    from IN

hmm west of indy i may be picking up 3-4 hotels on that side of town pm me your email addy and I'll add it if you are interested in pickin up some work next season no promises but a friend (whose hotel we mow for now) his brother owns like 20. We are over on the East side and Anderson so its just to far to mess with but we want to service them all.

3. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

His day may have just gotten a whole lot better.:cool:

4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I picked up 2 new accounts today as well. No matter what people say about working on the weekends, I get more neighborhood accounts on the weekend than any other day. The one lady today said she's been trying to catch me for weeks but she's never home during the week when I normally come. People are home on the weekends, it's better for exposure.

:D

5. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

yes it is... i think i may move more of my neighborhood accounts to the weekend just for more exposure to more poeple... i would have to talk to them to make sure it would be ok tho... lol

6. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Yes, weekends are good for meeting the neighbors. I was chuckling today, pulled up to a lawn, the kids next door have a lemonade stand going. I mean, it was around 70 degrees, I've never seen it so cool here in August. Since business was slow, all the neighbors were taking pity on the kids and buying their lemonade. So when I was leaving, I realized, theres like12 or 15 homeowners at the stand. So I went over and plunked down a quarter for my dixie cup full of Minute Maid. And of course 3 or 4 people asked what I charge to mow, so I might have a few new customers for next week.