Fall ad campaign for Fert. company

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DiscoveryLawn, Aug 7, 2005.

1. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I did not want to pose this question in the elements of business forum because I really only want to hear from the fert guys.

I am looking for promotional ideas for a fall advertising campaign to boost my fall (new customer) sales. I would prefer not to push core aeration in this promotion. Our lawns are really taking a beating this year with chinch bug, bill bug and disease damage. As well as severe drought stress, high temps. and we are expecting heavy grub damage.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    David

2. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

LOL

With all those problems, I'd push aeration and overseeding!

Sorry, but it's true,

EG

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Discovery

The Idea is to get them to call you. Once on the property and you have the customer attention you can up sell anything. You are the pro and they are not. So to sell the thing that is the major concern. WEEDS and GREEN

GOT WEEDS ​
    NEED GREEN​
    Call 555 1212​

4. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

In my area, the weeds are greener than the lawn right now :)

5. arborist-28

arborist-28 LawnSite Member

my weeds, cough cough.. I mean lawns are hurting a bit too .. core aeration sells .. c

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

more fert lol
    mine r lookin good well most of them

7. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

The rain we got last night should help...Hopefully there's more on the way...

8. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i hope we get more

9. Rtom45

Rtom45 LawnSite Senior Member

Can you guys down state send some rain up to the NW corner of PA? We're starting to look like a desert here, and the lake doesn't help!

10. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I know aerations are going to be a big hit this year. The problem is there are companies in this area aerating for as low as $4.00 per 1000 sq. ft. many are around $6.00 per 1000. I can not compete with those prices. I aerate my existing customers but I no longer use it to attract new ones. Like Ric said, once I get in the door, I can sell them what they NEED, even at a higher price. The slice seeding market seems to still be Ok in that the prices have not been run into the ground. I may consider going that route. What I really WANT is new fertilization customers. I like the thought of keeping it simple (got weeds? need green?)

Thanks guys

David