Fall and Spring Cleanups

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shawnslawns, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Shawnslawns

Shawnslawns LawnSite Member

When you guys talk about fall and spring cleanups on here, what do those actually mean. What kinds of things do you do when you are doing this. I see that a lot on here and was just wondering what all kinds of things are done during these and what kind of prices are charged for these cleanups. Thanks.

2. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Use the search function above.

3. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Weed all mulch/flower beds, remove leaves from yard, remove leaves from shrubs/trees, cut all ornamental grasses back, prune any shrubs that can/need to be trimmed. Most spring-cleanups are followed by edging all beds and distributed mulch. So I guess we could include that as part of our spring cleanup.

4. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk LawnSite Member

how often do you mulch and trim shrubs?

5. bamaone

bamaone LawnSite Member

prune when it needs pruning, ( some shrubs grow slower than others and do not require as much pruning, and some need pruning on a regular basis during the growing season- make sure you know what needs to be pruned when i.e. prune flowering shrubs after they flower not before) most people mulch 2-3 times a year, some more, some once. Customize each property.

6. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

As bamaone one has said, depends on the shrub. As for how often to mulch, depends on how often the customer wants to pay...which for residentials is once. Commercial..depends on how they want to spend there money.