Fall app. timing Indianapolis

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Nitroman, Sep 3, 2007.

  1. Nitroman

    Nitroman LawnSite Member
    from indiana
    Posts: 217

    The high here today is 92, I'm getting anxious to start my round 5 30-2-10 fert 30% slow and Speedzone. It's just that the lawns are so dry and brown plus Speezone over 80 degrees is risking damage. I'm just worried that if I don't get started soon I may not get all the accounts last 2 apps. in before Winter.

    Is it to early to hit the curb?
     
  2. indyturf

    indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy
    Posts: 1,873

    If you only have 2 apps to go you should be able to wait a week or 2 and still finish up before Thanksgiving!
    Im on my 4th of 6 apps useing 32-3 10 50% SCU and spot treating with Surge. but I may take a day or 2 off this week with the mid 90s returning!
     
  3. RigglePLC

    RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 12,350

    Correct me if I am wrong, but the Surge label allows treatment up to 90 degrees. It is similar to Speedzone. The Octane label seems to have no temperature restrictions.

    I see no problem with the fertilizer--except that some might volatolize and be lost.

    Weeds will probably come on fast as soon as it rains. I would try to put my weed control in the last half of Round 5 and the first half of Round 6--just make sure every customer gets treated.

    Anybody agree or disagree?
     
  4. Nitroman

    Nitroman LawnSite Member
    from indiana
    Posts: 217

    Indyturf, do you treat into December?

    Thanks
     
  5. indyturf

    indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy
    Posts: 1,873

    usually! I always try to finish up by the end of Nov. but its usually the second week of Dec. before I get everything finished.
     
  6. green horizons

    green horizons LawnSite Member
    from zone 5
    Posts: 144

    I finish all apps by the end of November. I only apply 4 or 5 apps per season depending upon cust. demands/ weather/ weed pressure/ etc. I would wait a week, the weather should at least be cooler (and hopefully wetter). The fert. isn't really a problem, and Surge is an awsome product, but it cost more than a comparable 3-way, especially when broadcasting the app. But if you're using Speedzone, then the cost of Surge would be no big deal for you. Again, I'd wait just one week. This delay shouldn't completely kill your schedule and your choices of product might open up. Good luck.
     

Share This Page