Fall Applications...

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by dmoney, Nov 21, 2006.

1. dmoney

dmoney LawnSite Member

I was just wondering when a good time to be done with all fall applications is. I am in central mn and I saw a tg/cl truck out this past week. I'm just curious....I want to have mine done by the end of Oct
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

We're still finishing up, also. If it was up to me, I would be done by now, as well. The rain and a few other factors have certainly held us up.
  3. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

I finished my last ones today. I still have two golf courses to do (snow mold app. and dormant feed) and those will be next week hopefully. I don't get to concerned even with TG/CL being out until it's in a snowstorm and/or the gound is frozen. Then it becomes questionable, at least in my mind.
  4. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I still have a couple weeks of applications left, I always try to finish up by the end of Nov. but never make it. you have to remember the fall application is not intended to encourage top-growth this fall but to stimulate root growth over the winter and faster green-up next spring. IMO the later in the fall the better! just as long as the grass is still green when applied..