1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fall Barricade Application and POA

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Please_Be_Green, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Please_Be_Green

Please_Be_Green LawnSite Member

My lawn peeps put down a fall application of baricade to keep the POA ANNUA from germinating... My request.

We'll now that we're at Nov 13 and with the super hot and dry summer we had, I can really see where all the spots of POA didn't fill in.

So now, I'm trying to figure out what I ask for in the SPRING and would like to know what the status of all the POA seeds which had fallen this past year.

Since they threw down the FALL-PRE, did those seeds attempt to germinate, but then failed making them useless?

Would it be feasible for me to skip the spring applications of PRE and do a spring over seed and sprout with a real late application (Late May) of PRE to assist with summer crab grass. (Lawn really has a very, very low population of weeds.

Do I just let them do their normal spring PRE application, allow the existing KBG to grow in the spots and have a heavy aeration and over seeding next fall.

It's not like there is huge areas of brown area, just a lot of 6"-8" circles throughout the lawn.

Thanks in advance...
  2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

option number two is your best bet, unless we are talking a larger area. it will take several years of applictions or pre and post to get rid of it, seeds last longer than just one cycle
  3. azjojo99

azjojo99 LawnSite Member
    from S.C.

If you are hiring a professional, tell them the results you want and let them decide which products to use.

The biggest messes I make is when I listen to the customers and use the products they want. I thought I learned my lesson but I did it twice this year.
  4. Please_Be_Green

Please_Be_Green LawnSite Member

That's what I'm sure will happen but I enjoy knowing what they are putting down on my lawn.
    Posted via Mobile Device