fall clean up apparel(gloves)

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by RSK Property Maintenance, Nov 25, 2013.

1. krzys555

krzys555 LawnSite Member

Try these gloves
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cold-resistant-pvc-gloves-in-orange-large-99691.html

They are usually sold as a different brand for snow blowing. They work extremely well. They keep you dry even in the snow. If your hands sweat i recommend 2 pairs as they will take a day to dry out on the inside. They are also longer then most ski gloves so they go a little past your wrists.

They do get dirty and need to be washed every once in a while, especially after doing tree work. they take a while to air dry. i have not put them in a dryer as they are plastic on the outside. Not good for precis work with nuts and bolts, as they are thick gloves.

2. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

You could try sealskinz. My wife loves hers. I just use fleece lined leather work gloves with thinsulate, but it rarely gets very cold here.

3. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

4. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  5. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

I wear the gray Atlas gloves too. Cheap and they last. I still have to pull my fingers in sometimes when using the backpack. I try to pulse my hand to keep the blood flowing.

6. Joel D

Joel D LawnSite Member

Two pairs of brown 99 cents gas station gloves, and a straw for sucking it up works for me.

7. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

i ordered the iron clad tundra gloves good down to 0* and they seems good so far, but wouldn't you know this whole week is gonna be in 40's and 50's....so just regular gloves for this week.

8. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance LawnSite Member

I use the ironclad cold condition gloves. They work pretty well. Wish they were waterproof. Other than that, they keep my hands pretty warm.