Fall Clean Up.. Final Mow or No?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Landscape89, Nov 6, 2006.

?

Fall Clean Up.. Final Mow or No?

1. Clean Up Leaves, Final Season Mowing

84.3%
  2. Just Clean Up the Leaves

15.7%
  1. Landscape89

Landscape89 LawnSite Member

It's been debated many times.. some landscapers include the Final Mowing in their Fall Clean Up services and others just Clean Up the leaves and dont mow. Which do you fall under?

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

This year I've been mowing the properties after the cleanups and will be billing them for seperate services. Its been about 2-3 weeks for most properties and i'm bringing the cut height down to 2.5" (for 99%) for the winter. Some may even get another cut around thanksgiving.

3. wowmowwow

wowmowwow LawnSite Member

i think that the grass (fescue) should be left high. mow it to get the leaves and not so much to cut the grass.

4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I mow & bag or just mulch during seasonal clean-ups. I'm cutting @ 3 3/4" so since the grass is hardly even growing, I am only getting a little grass. My main purpose is to collect or mulch the leaves. I charge my regular mowing cost + price per bag. No complaint yet in 5 years.

5. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

I mow year round, thats the only reason I do this kink of work.

6. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

As I'm working on the last part of yard. As soon as a worker is free. I start them out mowing with leaf catcher for final

7. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

With katrina down here there's not many leaves to do. I haven't done much at all except mulching them into the lawn with the normal lawn maintenance.

8. golfkingisaac

golfkingisaac LawnSite Member

I would have to say, final mow & cleanup for the winter over in America, but here in Australia (NSW - 2 hrs from Sydney) we continue to mow throughout the winter (No snow) but most (85% of grasses) dont grow much. But i still have grasses that grow flat out around here, including my own & my putting green.

9. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Cleanup and final mowing but seperate billing for each.

10. BC Landscaping

BC Landscaping LawnSite Member

I like to do the last cut when I pick up the leaves. It makes the lawn look so nice and clean.