1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fall clean-up flyers and rates

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by stevesmowing, Sep 5, 2004.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

This is my first year I will be doing fall clean-ups I just got 500 flyers printed out. I was curious what the best time is to hand them out. Also I was thinking on charging by the hour. I have an eb630 back pack that I will be using to put them out to the curb and then the town goes around and picks up the leaves. I am also trying to get another man on board to operate another blower or move tarps or w/e else. What would be a low rate per hour, high rate, and average rate. Mowing I take in about $30-$40 an hour. Just as a reference.
  2. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

My leaf cleanups last year, started getting calls in september right through to winter jus bout, all my cleanups started around $225 and went up from there. Blow then mow.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I'd pass the flyers out whenever the leaves start to fall in your area- people probably won't be thinking about it until it happens. In my area this is usually the second half of October. I stick a separate letter in with the bills I send out at the end of September for regular customers letting them know I'm available to do leaf removal.