Fall Clean Up- Hate or Tolerate?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Landscape89, Nov 15, 2007.

?

Fall Clean Up- Hate or Tolerate?

1. HATE leaves, no matter how much $ I can make!!!

23.2%
  2. They are a PITA but I tolerate it.

76.8%
  1. Landscape89

Landscape89 LawnSite Member

I for one.. HATE leaves, but can make a decent amount doing clean ups. Wanted to see who tolerates them, and who HATES leaves more than anything.

2. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I choose C. Love them.

I like doing leaves. Fall cleanups are the best part of the job IMO. Right when I get sick of mowing the leaves fall and I start making a lot more money. Dont get me wrong, I wouldn't want to do cleanups all year long but for the final month and a half bring on the blowers.

P.S. I dont even own a tarp. NO TARPING HERE.

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Normally I dont hate leafs, but god, today NOTHING went right. Note to self: a cheap set of lights from Wal Mart is NOT a substitute for a Walker light kit :(. And my JX75 seems to SUCK on leafs:hammerhead:

4. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm with Uranus... I do enjoy doing cleanups. Its tough work but rewarding.

KSgrasscutter, i paid $130 for the Walker light kit and its extremely easy to install. Worth the money, those lights are bright!.

5. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Moneys good but Id rather be mowing.

6. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I don't mind them good money, just sometimes very dusty.

7. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

EXTREMELY dusty! when working in lawns that haven't seen water in weeks... but this also makes sucking up the leaves with the mowers a LOT easier since they pretty much grind up into powder before going into the catcher.

I never use a tarp either. everything is bagged with the mowers.

I don't like leaves, really don't make anymore money in the end, but they are a fact of life, like death and taxes. You just have to deal....

8. Landscape89

Landscape89 LawnSite Member

Couldn't have put it into a better statement myself. VERY well said! :clapping:

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I don't hate doing clean-ups. There not my favorite thing to be doing but I can stand them no problem. Its a big volume job come fall so if you do a thorough job, you'll get lots of calls which leads to more money.
    Since it doesn't snow around here much, this is money that I can bank and use the flow things through the winter and spring as well.

10. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

lady next door to the house i cleand today askd how much to blow the leaves i am like 40 shes like ohh thats alot of money and turnd away so i went right back to work. leaves were 4 inchs deep i thought that was cheap. my bad maybe i have lost the value of a dollar