Fall Clean Up- Hate or Tolerate?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Landscape89, Nov 15, 2007.

?

Fall Clean Up- Hate or Tolerate?

1. HATE leaves, no matter how much $ I can make!!!

23.2%
  2. They are a PITA but I tolerate it.

76.8%
  1. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

I also check C I love leaves. My city hauls them, so long as there on the road, so make things easier.

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I've found so far that the right equipment can make fall clean-ups more enjoyable. But if the weather doesn't cooperate it can get frustrating real quick, like this year...

3. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

hate it takes away from hunting

4. puddin' pie

puddin' pie LawnSite Member

we love leave clean up time. make good money. colder, no 80-90 degrees days. we have all the equipment to it right and fast.

5. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I spent all day blowing, raking, tarping, and emptying my grass catcher...but I made decent money and got some good ideas for how to do a more efficient job with a little innovation and some time in the shop. So far, I like leaves pretty good, as long as they are not too deep. I'd rather just mow a yard with a bagger a couple of times during the fall instead of blowing 6" deep leaves off of the whole yard, with "snow drift" banks in front of garages and in flower beds.

6. PaproskiLandscaping

PaproskiLandscaping LawnSite Member

Get a leaf plow from Jerico and say goodbye to leaf snow banks

7. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I actually have some old truck fenders, like the one pictured below, that I'm going to make a frame and bracket for to mount on my Ferris. I'd like to make it expandable, but that would take more time and materials to figure out. If I get a good idea for how to do it, I will. I'll attach a rubber flap or brushes to the bottom to sweep the leaves without hurting the grass.

fender.jpg

8. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with that all the way. When they get wet, though. . . :cry:

9. PRO DETAIL LANDSCAPING

PRO DETAIL LANDSCAPING LawnSite Member
    from LA

MAN, i bet she was upset you didnt work for free:nono:..

10. zMaster225

zMaster225 LawnSite Member

The Toro triple bagger system is incredible. Never clogs, easy to take on and off and since it runs from the blade pulleys, the leaves get chopped up...makes it nice to be able to get an entire yard worth of leaves on the trailer rather than hauling more than once.
    $2500