Fall Clean Up- Hate or Tolerate?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Landscape89, Nov 15, 2007.

?

Fall Clean Up- Hate or Tolerate?

1. HATE leaves, no matter how much $ I can make!!!

23.2%
  2. They are a PITA but I tolerate it.

76.8%
  1. bhforty3

bhforty3 LawnSite Member

Hate the f---ing leaves but tolerate it for the $$$.

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I don't mind leaves at all. I don't really have much extra cost in it since I can dump it all behind the house. All I have is a little extra time, which is definitely made up for in additional charges.

3. RyGuyusMaximus

RyGuyusMaximus LawnSite Member

Fall cleanups are annoying especially with shortening days and the pressure of an early snow. But its nice to pad the final days of positive cash flow before the winter drought.

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I like leaves, like others stated..with the right equipment I make more $$$ per hour than mowing....seems people in my area will pay good $$$ for leaf removal. I use a cyclone rake for leaf removal and makes the work alot easier

wayne

5. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i love mowing but leaves are a nice change. when im mowing nomatter what goes wrong and how long it takes i get paid the same but with leaves i love getting paid by the hour

6. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I voted tolerate, but I have to say: I kind of like doing leaves. Don't get me wrong it's a pain in the a** sometimes, but I don't mind them at all. It's a nice change of pace.

7. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

If i keep mowing grass which i dont plan on i want to branch in to something diffrent. If i do still cut some grass i will be building something to suck them right off the tree.

8. TONTAGE

TONTAGE LawnSite Member
    from CT

ditto..................since im only able to do cleanups on the weekend because of my full time job,it has rained for like the last 2 weekends.today the sun is out but i have to get out there and do a cleanup today.yeah,im sure the leaves are still wet,and im looking at the trees now and they are swaying in the wind,im sure it's going to be an interesting day!

9. grassaholic

grassaholic LawnSite Senior Member

I couldn't vote because I actually like leaf season. I run Walker mowers and pull my trailer with a big vac truck. To me leaf clean ups are no problem at all and are a welcomed change of pace. Not to mention theres alot of money to be made doing it at the end of the season.

10. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Earlier on I said that I like doing leaves, I would like to change my answer now, as the season is still not over. lol