Fall Clean Up help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wints76, Dec 1, 2009.

1. wints76

wints76 LawnSite Member

How do you guys price Fall clean ups. When looking at a larger commercial property with quite a few trees what is the best way to go about bidding that? How to break it down. Per tree?

2. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

only if it was $100 per tree would i go per tree

3. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Jpeg lawn maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

I would honestly figure out an hourly rate and stick with it. But dont lowball yourself short.

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

i used to do hourly to make it fair, but now we just price it by the job, we know roughly how long it will take us just by looking.

you also should ask the guy in charge of the contract, some times they want an hourly rate, sometimes they want a per job rate.

5. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Jpeg lawn maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya per job works too, sometimesi like this method better because if you are there very little time your making more money on the job.

6. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

Per tree?? Are you kidding?? Aren't cleanups done up here now? Or did you lose your shorts on the ones you did this year? :dizzy:

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I lost out on a few starting out but over time pricing by the job really does work well,
    one price and no variables, the customers seem to understand this the best also.

8. dgw

dgw LawnSite Bronze Member
    from OH

Per tree?? Are you kidding?? Aren't cleanups done up here now? Or did you lose your shorts on the ones you did this year?

yep per tree , which unfortunately leaves me with a lot of free labor every year due to treeless properties in which their neighbors have several trees

9. dgw

dgw LawnSite Bronze Member
    from OH

kidding, hourly, and if your new add two hours to your estimate on every commercial property , they will always take longer than you think

happy raking

10. JCPM

JCPM LawnSite Member

Figure out how long it will take you and then add 25% on to that. Leaves always take longer due to variables like wind, rain, etc....If you think it will take 10 man/hrs to complete than add another 2.5 hrs onto that. If this is a new customer than they surely will want a set price. Once you have your foot in the door they usually don't question you when you price them by the hr.