1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Fall clean-up pics, CT

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THEGOLDPRO, Nov 3, 2010.

1. M RASCOE&SONS

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

did it come with a plow?

2. 2brothersyardcare

2brothersyardcare LawnSite Silver Member

i blew a decent amount of levees the other day with 2 br600s and a echo something power full and a 420 and my buddies 13hp giant vack was pushing almost the same amount

3. M RASCOE&SONS

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

so it takes 5 guys to do what he does with one machine,he is gonna do it much faster with less fatigue.one helper with a back pack blower for the beds and one on the hurricane ,when the guy doing the beds is all set he can operate the leaf vac on the truck.pay 1 helper or 4 helpers ,i pick 1 helper.:drinkup:

4. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

While that may be true (aside from the BR550 comments), what's your time line? You will not be able to get it done as fast. Guaranteed.

Say John Goldpro's working 40-50 hours per week now. With two BR550s only, he'd be out working 300 hours a week.

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

no it didnt, i never buy trucks that have been plowed with. all of my trucks never had plows on them before i bought them. i did however just buy a new 8foot boss that is going to be installed next week sometime.

6. THEGOLDPRO

we take leaf cleanup pretty serious and in the past we have always run a 5 man crew 4 on backpacks and one on the toro, this year with the addition of the hurricane blower we have cut it down to a 3 man crew with a 4th man on standby if we have a real big place schedualed for that day,

we dont even take the toro off the trailer in most cases now, the hurricane does the job of 3 men hands down. in the past we always needed 1-2 guys to follow the toro around and help fluff the leaves to make them go further and get the leaves stuck in the grass the toro didnt blow. with the hurricane we dont need anyone following it around, it gets every leaf and throws them twice as far as the toro.

7. 2brothersyardcare

2brothersyardcare LawnSite Silver Member

right i was helping with the moron that said 2 br600s can what a hurricane can

8. THEGOLDPRO

lol not even the br600's he said br550's.

9. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

I've used the biggest walk behind blower (Little Wonder) which is just like the hurricane blower, except requires manual labor ... Once the piles (leaves) get to big it's useless. So I got out the Br 550's and made headway on the pile, not saying the hurricane doesn't produce results, just stating it's over rated...!

10. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Watch your mouth young lady...:drinkup: