fall clean-up price ?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by BryPaulD, Oct 23, 2006.

1. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

what would you charge for about an acre and a half to blow the leaves out. no hauling.

2. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Depends on the area... hills, trees, flower beds, walls, fences, effect how long it takes to do the job.

3. BryPaulD

from MI

flat ground, a front and a back yard. Some trees in the yard. Yard surrounded by trees to blow the leaves into. Whole yard covered in leaves though. Gonna use a redmax 7001 backed by a giant vac 11hp push. I got the job for $150.00 just wondered if I was high priced or to low, or maybe pretty accurate? Thanks :) and have to drive maybe 10 milesish to the job, I didn't pay attention to milage when I went to estimate it, but it took me prolly 15 mins. to get there.

4. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting LawnSite Member

your best bet is to charge per man hour. you never know what situations may arise. around here we charge $50-$65/hr.

Good luck

5. BryPaulD

from MI

yeah, I got stung on this one. :( waaaay to many leaves, pine needles and leaf mulch underneath. Plus the crap is wet. Today I had the piles so heavy the 11hp push wasn't really moving them, so I strapped on the backpack and pushed the blower one handed while aiming the backpack nozzle with the other hand. Holy crap, you wanna see stuff fly :laugh:
    I think the only perks I got out of this job was seeing the stuff fly away with the 2 blowers running together and I might have gotten 2 more jobs (neighbors) out of it

6. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Better hope they don't talk to your customer about the price you gave him. You might be in for another fun job.

7. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Lesson learned, education cost money, one way or another. We have all been there at some time.