fall clean up price

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Keegan, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Keegan

Keegan LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

I have a customer that has about an acre and a quarter property with about 25 - 30 trees that are all about 100' tall. Each has a ton of leaves on them. I could have used a plow on the driveway to clear the leaves. :) I spent half a day cleaning up the leaves. I will have to go back at least one more time. Probably two. Do you think $225 for the first time is fair?

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

you have to ask yourself what you could be making, what you should be making, what you need to be making, and what you want to be making?

3. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

Keegan,

you will hear it now from everyone.......You are nuts for getting only $225. I hope you have not billed him yet. I am telling you from experience.

I did the same mistake last week. During a windy day, my wife and I cleaned up (or tried to anyway) a .5 acre yard, covered with leaves and spent 4.5 hrs for $125. We hauled away 21 bags of his leaves.

I was reading a thread on here about a guy who has a customer with about 5 oak trees in the back yard and he charges her once a year $900-$1,000.

1.25 acres with 30 trees is a hell of a lot of work to charge only $225. Do you have to collect them in bags or dump them on the street?

The consensus around here (LS) is that you shold be charging anywhere from $45/hr to $90. Call a few companies and you will see that the minimum is around $125, and that is just to come out. After that, they charge about $80 or so per additional hour.

I just did a yard that was .3 acres that took my wife and i 1 hr. We charged him $125.

Good luck and charge $75 per hour or more.

4. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

I think your time is being wasted bagging get yourself a loader also I get 75 hour or more sometimes never less only because I got the foot over years.I learned the only way do it is get in get out.75x6 =

5. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

I would say you're low. How long will it take you?

6. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

$35 a tarp. the tarp size is 12x8. Most lawn around here take atleast 3 Tarpsfuls