1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Fall Clean up prices

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by sms8921, Jun 22, 2010.

1. sms8921

sms8921 LawnSite Member

Hi guys I have alot of customers asking me about fall clean up and they all want prices now! I dont no how to charge this yet I am new to the business. It will only be me doing the work, I have a backpack blower and am going to use my lawn tractor cause it has a bagger on it and I will probably have to tarp some also, I have no leaf loader and will be loading with 55 gallon drums. Do most of you guys charge by the hour? I dont want to under bid something for ex. the leafs look thin but once yet get to blowing them around the underlayer is is wet and they are 4 inches deep in some places. Thanks for your time...

2. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

just charge em by the hour, 50-60 an hour. dont use the drums, tarp it and drag it to the trailer.

3. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

yeah a tarp would be better and just tell em your hourly rate

4. sms8921

sms8921 LawnSite Member

thanks I was thinking right around 50 so I guess I wasnt far off....I was going to load the leaves in the bed of the truck with the barrels I dont have a leaf loader so I thought that was the fastest and easiest way...

5. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

invest in a trailer (at least a 5x10) and put 4' walls around it. you can thank me later!

6. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

or a dollar a minute. why are your clents worried about fall clean ups in june?

7. sms8921

sms8921 LawnSite Member

I dont no but I guess it is a good thing they are planning on sending me more business maybe

8. Martinson9

Martinson9 LawnSite Member

I think it's smart to be thinking of fall cleanup now. Why wait until the last second? I try get get as much as I can for fall cleanup. Most of ours are 5 to 7 times a mowing price.

9. monk lawns llc

monk lawns llc LawnSite Member

I have a 5 x 10 trailer and built 4 sides for it and charge 25.00/hr. It doesn't seem like much, but I include drive time and time it takes to dispose of the leaves.

10. GreenShoesLC

GreenShoesLC LawnSite Member

How big are the properties you're looking at doing fall cleanups on? We have a number of smaller residential accounts and I find that the easiest way to do fall clean ups is to use a billy goat lawn vacuum to suck up all the leaves and then dump either in your truck box or trailer etc. If you're accounts are larger, I'd suggest adding a wheeled blower to your fleet as well.