1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fall Clean up prices

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by sms8921, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

look at this thread http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=293337

that might be your best bet!
  2. Martinson9

Martinson9 LawnSite Member

What isn't super expensive? It all seems to cost a lot. That being said, truck loaders aren't too good. You can get a good one for a little over $3,000. When you live up north where we have lots of trees they are a necessity if you have a lot of lawns. You need to be quick and leaf loaders will pick them up quickly and get them in the dump truck/trailer. Go to the dump and press a button and watch them go away. No more loading truck with tarps and making a million trips. Leaf loaders really reduce the volume too. You don't have to get too close. Most leaf loaders will have a hose of 15 to 20 feet.

Our wheeled leaf blower is great too. Many of our customers live near woods and we can just blow the leaves right in there. Our Billy Goat wheel blower can do more blowing than several backpacks. The only side is they aren't real maneuverable.
  3. Lawncutting27

Lawncutting27 LawnSite Senior Member

I'll blow out the bushes etc and tight areas then mulch the leaves, then blow whats left into a pile and shovel it into bags. I've gone from 17 bags to 3 using this method.
  4. fastpine

fastpine LawnSite Member

That wouldnt help me at all...There isnt really any yards where I could pull my truck into..They all have fences, or walls with three foot gates.
  5. bls47303

bls47303 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Blow them out to the street and suck them up:hammerhead:
  6. fastpine

fastpine LawnSite Member

At least %80 of the time im working in the backyard...Now way to blow em to the street..
  7. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

looks like your picking them up one by one then! lol
  8. fastpine

fastpine LawnSite Member

Judging by some of the pictures ive seen of the leaf jobs you guys do out there in the east, I can see why yall need all that specialized gear...
  9. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

I usually charge $40 an hour and i just use my backpack blower and a tarp. I just dump theleaves in my trailer.
  10. Texas Lawn

Texas Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

i use a very intricate and complicated system of a rake and trash bags