Fall Clean Up Rough Estimate

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Landscape89, Sep 18, 2006.

?

Fall Clean Up Hourly Rate - Rough Estimate

1. $20-25/HR

6.2%
  2. $25-30/HR

13.0%
  3. $30-35/HR

25.4%
  4. $40 and Up/HR

56.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Landscape89

Landscape89 LawnSite Member

I know Fall Clean Up is based on size and/or the number of hours it takes to complete the job as well as how many people you have helping you. I wanna see what you guys charge roughly for Hourly Rates doing Fall Clean Ups. Thanks for any and all advice.

2. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

On accounts that we maintain during the rest of the year, fall cleanup is minimal. I usually add about 25 percent to the mowing price to mulch up leaves and do a little bit of extra blowing. On jobs that are over burdened with leaves, sticks, and overgrown bushes, I charge no less than 40 per man hour.

3. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

most lots in my area are less than a 1/3 acre with houses on all 4 sides of them. it would take the homeowner almost a full day to rake and bag all the leaves then haul them to the transfer station. i can go in with my equipment and be done in less than 2 hrs. so most are more than happy to pay $100.00 to have this done. i made the mistake of quoting my hourly rate to one customer along with the total price (2 hrs at $50.00 hr) they lost it saying i was trying to rob them. they got a couple kids that call themselves a lco to do it for $15.00 an hr. the only problem is it took them 5 hrs each!! so it ended up costing them $150.00. they now don't complain about my labor rates. this customer is now one of my best customers.
    the moral of this story is the labor rate dosen't tell the full story.

4. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I charge $75hr. for 2 guys and backpack blowers to just blow it into the woods.

5. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

is this the son or father? i charge 30/hr per person.

6. sPierce8789

sPierce8789 LawnSite Member

I work with Landscape89 and we have a job that is about an acre and a half, what do any of you think we should charge?

7. cupcake chagrin

cupcake chagrin LawnSite Member

The poll is asking "How much do you charge per man hour" , correct?

IE...5 men working a fall clean-up for 5 hrs = 25 man hrs @ $40 = $1000.00

do I get the question correctly.

this is my first post on this forum.
    thanks, I've already learn a ton.

Btw... I charge between $32 and $36 per man hour and $50 for me.

CC

8. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Minimum is 75 an hour for cleanup if not more.

9. MSLandscaping

MSLandscaping LawnSite Member

We charge $40 per man hour, Plus a fee to Dump the leaves. We use Backpack blowers and Z Turn Mowers to pick em all up. I take care of my regulars at a better rate. All depends how much other stuff is in the yard, branches and such.

10. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

zim bob that would be me the son. My dad won't touch anything but installs now.