fall clean up what are the normal fee for this service

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by ozman, Aug 24, 2001.

1. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I dont like to refer to it as "Sneaking It In There". That makes us sound unscrupulous.

I like to call it "Sound Business Practices". If we know that we need to get $600 for a Fall Clean-Up but they are well below the norm on say Spring Clean-Up, Shearing, etc. I like to add a portion of the FCU into those other areas that have a buffer.

This is easier on their wallet too by spreading it out over the length of the season. If you tally everything up and divide it over a 10 month season, this may be an easier way for them to budget as well.

Best of Luck!
  2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

there is not much fall cleanup for my regulars. i mulch every wk and only chg more if it actuaaly takes longer. now callins
    pay anywhere from 35 - 100 an hr depending on the job.
    by the way they dont know their paying a hundred an hr.
    the just know that a job they were dreading is done better than they could have done it.lot o people just dont want that
    hot nasty hard wk. i dont either unless the pays right.
    4-5 of them kinda hrs is a whole day for me.
  3. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

awm: I hear that on cleanups being hard on you. Lately when i bid new cleanups if i think it's close to 6 hrs or so, i bid for whole day because after 6 hrs too late to start another cleanup, i like to finish cleanup the day i start or the wind blows everything back where you did already, the crew is usually wiped
  4. racerdave

racerdave LawnSite Senior Member

M.Wall good idea about the 6-8 schedule..