1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fall Clean-up When does every-1 start them

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by POWER STROKE, Aug 9, 2011.

POWER STROKE LawnSite Senior Member

I was just wondering when does everyone start their fall clean-ups. I like to start mine mid October. Also how many times do you do them just one big clean-up , 2 visits. Thanks in advance for any input or help.
  2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I start mine tomorrow.

3. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 LawnSite Senior Member

I just got 4 calls this week alone about them, gonna give estimates tomorrow.

I'm working on a flyer going out to my heavily wooded neighborhoods advertising leaf clean-up. I want to get some early sign-ups so I have an idea of how much work I can expect to be doing over the next few months or so
  4. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I don't even want to think about fall clean-ups right now!!!

I usually start in early-mid october (depending on weather). This year, I'm just questioning how in the world I am going to be able to get all of my accounts done, I just won't have the time I had in years past.
  5. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

omg your starting right now??? the only thing dropping leaves right now are berch and sweetgum trees
  6. Painting Stripes 11

Painting Stripes 11 LawnSite Member

charge by the man hr . i charge 38.00 per man hr so if three guys r on 1 property for an hr. total is 114.00
  7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

fall cleanups?...about 3 months away from now...long time
  8. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I wondered who was going to take me seriously. :waving:
  9. lawnman24949

lawnman24949 LawnSite Member

When the leaves drop and the customers ask.
  10. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

Regular, repeat, mowing customers will get 3 or 4 visits where I do cleanup in late October and November. We stay on top of it all Fall. I know from prior years how much to charge them.

Random phone call get a $275 minimum to weed out the cheapos. We do them in 1 visit, based on when they call, first come first serve. I have a limited "inventory" of days I can allocate to the random callers, so I can be a little more picky than in the past.