$$$ Fall Clean- Up $$$

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by opher, Jun 26, 2006.

1. opher

opher LawnSite Member

Lots of questions here, please bare with me.
    I was wondering how you all charge for fall clean-up?
    How and when do I start charging my weekly customers ? Lets say the leaves start falling and I am doing my weekly residential service cuts, do I charge them when they start falling, because I now have to bag them???:confused: Any info would be great!
    Also what is the most cost effective way to do fall clean-ups? I have a Echo PB650 and a '06 Ex-Mark TT 48'' with bagger. How much do you charge for someone that wants fall clean-up only? (not a weekly customer).

Thanks,
    OPHER

2. Budget

Budget LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

How much do you need to make a hour for a decent profit after expenses? How long will it take you how many helpers, or are you solo? Alot to consider before you give out a price. What does the customer want you to do? Each service would cost extra.

3. guven

guven LawnSite Member

4. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

I would like to know what will be handier a lawn vac with tube or a push blower?

5. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

whoa man slow down we just got into summer

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I like your answer the best, it's the same attitude I have when a customer calls me in spring already wondering about next fall LOL.

In a nutshell, I find this one sentence best summarizes leaves:
    People who will call you for nothing the entire rest of the year WILL call you for leaves!

It drives me nuts, hence why I only do leaves for those customers who have been with me at least the entire year.

7. opher

opher LawnSite Member

Does anyone have anything to comment on?

8. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

i charge same as srping cleanups or slightly higher depending how bad the leaves are

9. Cahsking

Cahsking LawnSite Member

Same here, and try to sell pumpkins. Has anyone used a walk behind lawn vacuum, the archive post are non-informative on it.

10. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been looking at them on the net, I'm very interested in them especially the ones with a tube attachment a little pricey though. The steal impellor reduces leaf volume down to 1/5 or something like that.