1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Fall clean ups yet?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by nobagger, Oct 24, 2005.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Anyone in the North East have any calls for fall clean ups yet? It's pretty idle here so far. Just bought a Little Wonder 10hp blower and wow what power! Hopefully I get to use it soon.

2. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Still a lot of leaves on the trees here i imagine that will change with the storm tomorrow.

3. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Yeah I hear you are supposed to get some of the white stuff. Same hear, it won't amount to anything but what a pita working in snowing blowing conditions.

4. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I hate mulching leaves with 7 inches of snow on the ground.

5. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't started clean-ups yet at all. By the end of the week I will have to fire up the 8hp Little Wonder. Grass cutting is just about over (almost).

6. MacPhersonlawn

MacPhersonlawn LawnSite Member

Grass cutting will end this Friday. Hope to start leaves sometime next week but many are still on the trees here. Might get some snow tomorrow.

7. gman44

gman44 LawnSite Member

Nothing here in central CT yet . Trees still look pretty green .

8. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

We started here the around the 15th of the month. The lawns were looking somewhat shabby with the leaves coming down. I generally complete 4-5 clean-up's per customer for each Fall season. Thanksgiving is usually the end of clean-up's for me.....

9. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Got all my regulars lined up and one phone call for a large one today but alot of trees are still green. Probably another 2 weeks before things really get going. Hopefully the snow will hold off until we finish.

10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Ive been going since saturday, the race is on!!!