fall clean ups

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by grade, Mar 4, 2001.

1. grade

grade LawnSite Member
    from MA

what is the average rate on cleaning up leaves then hauling them away?

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

3 times the cost of what you charge them for a mowing.

If you are not a mowing contractor then you could plan on an average of 6 man hrs.

Hope this helps.
    Kris

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I sometimes use what Kris posted. I mostly estimate my hours on the job and multiply by $35 to $45 depending on difficulty.

4. Craig Turf Management

Craig Turf Management LawnSite Senior Member

What is your rate per hour for labor? RATE X HOUR + DUMP FEE. Take into account the time spent unloading, loading, drive time to the dump, etc. It's a really simple formula.
    Hope this helps, Bill.

5. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

We charge 3-4 times the price of what we cut the lawn for. At first last year, i couldnt understand how these guys got sooo much!! Let me tell you, once you do couple the picture gets much much clearer =).

6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

My prices vary greatly not only buy the size of the yard but by how many trees they have! I have some $25 per cut lawns that i charge $75 for a cleanup and some $25 lawns that I charge $200. You need be able to estimate in your head how long it will take and take according to how much you want per hour!

7. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

We refer to this as STUD time:
    Start: This is how long it takes to get ready for your day before you leave your ofc/shop/garage in the morning
    Travel: This is how long it takes you to travel between your routes throughout the day
    Unload: This is how long it takes you to unload your equipment and trucks upon returning to your ofc/shop/garage etc.
    Dump: This is how long it takes you to travel to and from the dumpsite plus the time involved in unloading your trucks of debris

Kris

8. grade

grade LawnSite Member
    from MA

Thanks Guys I think I'm going to enjoy this site