Fall clean up's

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by turkp15, Jul 30, 2003.

1. turkp15

turkp15 LawnSite Member

What do you guy's do or offer in your fall clean up's?

~Jeff

2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Whoa................there laddy.................:eek:

To soon for me to be thinking LEAVES................;)

Fall cleanup is just that, and that is what we do. Clean up the fallen leaves, clean out the annuals, continue cutting. Winter fertilizer.

3. Nozzleman

Nozzleman LawnSite Member

Clean up and removal of the leaves from the property.

4. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

I'm planning on doing complete leaf removal, and I'll try to sell them on gutter cleaning too...just to help bring in some extra cash.

5. Live4Mowin'

Live4Mowin' LawnSite Member

I try to mulch the leaves when they are not to deep and clean leaves out of beds. When we bag the leaves we usually leave(no pun intended) them at the property in paper lawn refuse bags for their disposal service to take them.

6. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Nice moneymaker and this is not a service included in weekly mowing. This would involve either the removal or mulching of all of the leaves and cleaning out of the beds.

Gravely_Man

7. drobson

drobson LawnSite Member

Ditto what everyone else said, plus I let the customer know of anything I think may create a problem over the winter. Such as branches that look like they might come down with the snow. This way I can try and sell them on some extras with the fall cleanup, instead of just leaves. Plus, if they are a regular customer, it's a nice preventative measure to help them winterize their property so the spring cleanup will not be as hard, and keeping the property up from year to year just makes it look better for you.

8. GLAN

GLAN Banned

What Drobson said about the spring cleanup being not as difficult. If nothing else that should be your main motivator for doing complete fall cleanups.

We leave ours spotless, but those silly Oaks......:dizzy:

9. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Most peoples are convinced they need their gutters cleaned after I'm done talking to them! "Any buildup in gutters can lead to costly home repairs due to water backflow under shingles and can eventually rot walls in homes, which attracts termites and other bugs that can eat walls away..." I love being a salesman:D

10. GLAN

GLAN Banned

absolutely lawn boy..........:)