Fall cleanup entails

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnBoy89, Dec 5, 2007.

1. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

What does your fall cleanup include? I'm thinking about making the full fall cleanup slightly more extensive rather then just cleaning up the leaves. Do most of you include pruning perenials and ripping out all the annuals in peoples flower beds...what about gutters? Right now I usually just clean the yard of all fall debris (leafs) unless they ask for something extra.

2. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

SELL SELL SELL ... sell your services. Point out to them most rain gutter cleanings are $50 to 100 alone. Sell them a package deal. I give them a final price that I add $50 to their regular leaf maintenance price. Easy sell . gutters, blowing out flower beds, final cut , and leaf cleanup. IN my case the gutters on my customers usually tkes 15 min extra to put the ladder on the house and blow out the gutters. then I work blowing out the beds and then the lawn. The combo sets them up for winters wrath . I can up sell a gutter repair if I find a loose one too. Usually just a loose nail so bring along a hammer and a few extra gutter nails and cash in. $10-20 extra bucks for 3 min of work and they are tickled pink to have that problem solved.

3. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

i have people begging me to do their gutters, just no time left. not to mention, now they are frozen. with a full schedual, i try to specialize in services unless you have mulitple crews

4. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Cleanout beds
    blow off all paved and hard serfaces
    clear off porches, decks
    Cleanup lawn
    Final lawn cut once all debris is cleaned up
    String trim edges if necessary
    Remove dead annuals and other dead growth on perrenials

For some reason I don't do very much gutter cleaning even though i do offer it but many of the customer just take care of that themselves or don't have gutters.

5. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

I have called three different gutter companies and asked them what they charge for gutter clean out. I asked about my own house which has about 50 feet of guttering on the front only, one story. They all quoted $150 minimum. Unbelievable to me, I have always charge about $50 for these, one story only. Yes, there is lots of money to be made in gutter cleanouts, especially since you are already there with your blower, it only adds about 10-15 min. We had a customer call for hers to be cleaned last week, she said she would not be there when we came by. We got on the roof to find virtually nothing in the gutters, we were there about 4 min to double check that the downspouts were clear and then we wre gone. Very easy money, always go after the gutters when doing your cleanups.

6. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

theres a good list for you + gutters