Fall Cleanup Equipment, Building a leaf box and Cleanup pics

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by MaloneyLandscaping, Nov 1, 2011.

1. MaloneyLandscaping

MaloneyLandscaping LawnSite Member

Just thought i would share some of my falll cleanup equipment. So far here is the leaf loader and a few pictures of the leaf box for my ez-dumper. This is my first year with the dump insert so we will see how it goes. I started ot yesterday and will post pics tonihgt of it done hopefully. Any copmments welcome!

2011-09-24_14-05-36_141.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

2. DIXIECONTRACTING

DIXIECONTRACTING LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Looks good so far

3. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Looks Good. I hope you are using screws to attach the plywood to the 2x4's. Also screw from the inside. This will help make a much stronger leaf box that will last longer.

4. MaloneyLandscaping

Thanks.

Yes I have been using 1 5/8" exterior wood screws. I am going to use some sort of hinge for the rear door. This is my first year with the EZ-Dump so i am seeing what works and what doesn't. Not dumping huge money into this season. If it works then I will do it up heavy duty and pieced together so i can re use it every year with asy destruction/installation.

5. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah those are the same size screws I used. I would be worried that the front or sides could blow off the frame work if someone used nails.

I like your plan with building a cheaper one this year than going heavy next yeat. I went ahead with what I thought was best this year but I am tweaking a lot as I go. I figure that mine will only last a few years and I will probably have to replace certian parts after this year cause I didnt make them heavy enough.

6. Canale Landscaping

Canale Landscaping LawnSite Member

What's it costing you to build that box if you don't mind me asking?

7. MaloneyLandscaping

Just a ball park but:

11 2x4x8 studs at $3.50 each
    screws $15
    4 4x8 plywood $20 each. (They are thin)
    2 cans paint $20

so all and all materials is 150 ish plus your labor. This is a cheaper way to build it. Once you get into heavy duty plywood or even PT you price will jump. Hope this helps

8. Canale Landscaping

Canale Landscaping LawnSite Member

It does, thanks for the help

9. MaloneyLandscaping

Finished the leaf box up last night. Sorry about the pics it was dark when i finished up. First big cleanup is today ill post some more pics and hopefully of a video it in use

10. MaloneyLandscaping

ooops sorry here are the pics....

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg