1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Fall Cleanup Equipment, Building a leaf box and Cleanup pics

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by MaloneyLandscaping, Nov 1, 2011.

1. FerrisDiesel

FerrisDiesel LawnSite Senior Member

Posted via Mobile Device

2. FerrisDiesel

I bought my mesh tarp from Harbor Freight, it was $30.00? I made a frame out of 2x3's for the roof, and then screwed the mesh to that. I then bolted the whole frame to the rest of the box. Make sure that you bolt the box down to the dump insert,or else it might fall out when you dump. I will take pics soon, I pulled everything out today to get it ready for clean-ups. I also have a 6.5' dump insert and it wasn't that shaky at all, and the dust wasn't too horrific.

3. adrian

adrian LawnSite Member

If you have a plow mount you could get someone to weld up a platform that slides into the plow mount to put the leaf vac on that. So you wouldn't have to worry about loading and unloading the vac everytime you had to dump.

4. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

Okay, I'm Interested to see it once you get it all set up. Our New insert is a 6.5' too!

5. FerrisDiesel

Here is a picture of it on the ground, I keep the sides long like that so I can tighten up the mesh. The other picture is the mount we fabbed up for the leaf vac. It's nice, I can take it off after we are done with clean-ups, helps keep the weight off the tounge.

2012-10-08_10-16-18_306.jpg

2012-10-08_16-17-53_482.jpg

6. FerrisDiesel

Just a picture of the top, I put some pieces of ferring on top and screw it in to help keep the mesh down.

2012-10-08_10-15-56_452.jpg

7. MaloneyLandscaping

MaloneyLandscaping LawnSite Member

Hey guys took a few pics today. Just some from the dump. I was pretty weighed down. Other pick is my new idea for a one man leaf loader change. I took it off to dump and put it back on by myself. Just backed my 2 trucks together and lifted. It weighs about 250. I was pumped now I don't need to rely on someone to help me

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device