Fall Cleanup Hourly Pricing Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JohnsonLawn, Nov 29, 2005.

1. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a question about pricing for cleanups. I am using a 1ton dump with a 16hp loader, walkbehind blower, backpack blower and a 54 inch walkbehind mower with accellerator bagger for final vacuum. Question is: with 1 man and all of the equipment listed what would you shoot for as an hourly rate when doing cleanups. I know my number, but would like to see if I am in line with what the going rate is. Thanks
  2. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I would assume you have to charge by the job, and what people in your area are willing to pay for certain size yards. it is your fault that you purchased way more equipment than one person may need. good luck trying to pay for it.
  3. JohnsonLawn

I knew it would not take long to get a reply like this, so lets clear a few things up. First, all of the equipment listed is already paid for in full so that is not an issue nor was I asking for lesson in economics. I have more than one person using this equipment at most times. I was using this example to keep things easy. I am just curious as what other are charging per hour with this type of set up. Thank you
  4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

equipment thats "already paid for" still costs money to run (besides fuel/oil). and don't forget you have to replace that item at some point.
  5. JohnsonLawn

DS, this I understand, as I maintain all of my equipment and make needed equipment upgrades when service life expires. I was just replying to the previous post. I appreciate all of the comments, but we still have not addressed the original question! Any takers. Thanks

50 bucks an hour, or 25 perman hr if someone helps u out.
  7. wmsland

wmsland LawnSite Member
    from NE OHIO

Wether I show up with a tarp and a rake or all the equioment I own, I charge the same hourly price.
  8. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Why would you cut your rate in half just because someone is working for you????? :confused:
  9. Mowgli

Mowgli LawnSite Member

I think knowing your cost and your area market are the keys. W/ all the equipments that you have, you still need to be competitive w/ the guy w/ a rake and bags. The $150 job may take him 4 hours, but it may only take you one hour. See What am saying.
  10. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

that is the right answer 40. per man hr