Fall Cleanup Pics

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Even Cut Lawn Care, Nov 16, 2007.

1. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Along with everyone else in this thread, that is a very nice setup ... congratulations, you deserve it for all the hard work that you put into it !!

2. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

It works even better on a 1-ton dump. A lot of guys out here build their box on a 1-ton and mount the vac on a swing arm that swings out of the way when it is time to empty the load. It also allows you to pull the rest of your equipment behind the same truck.

3. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

How do you get the leaves out of the trailer if it doesn't dump?

4. Even Cut Lawn Care

Even Cut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I am still in the process of building a sliding wall to extract the leaves. It will be made of angle iron and plywood. It will slide on garage door track on the top and bottom of each side. I will then hook a chain to the wall and run it to therear of the trailer. When full simply pull the chain and dump the leaves.

5. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Very wicked set up, someday, when the town dosen't take leaves from the side of the road, I will need a unit like that.

6. huskres

huskres LawnSite Senior Member

Ever think about parking closer to the curb as to not block the road? :D

7. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

nice set up...i like the truck too

8. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

I can appreciate the effort you put into your trailer but that has got to be the craziest idea I've ever heard. Good luck pulling out that mass of wet leaves after your're done packing those tracks in. Most of the time they don't come off the dump body without a little persuasion.

9. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Does the vacuum chop up the leaves?

10. Even Cut Lawn Care

Even Cut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

The truck was moving along the pile and My house is the last house on a dead end street. So no big deal :)