Fall Cleanup Pricing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PKB005, Nov 15, 2003.

1. PKB005

PKB005 LawnSite Member

I ALWAYS HAVE A PROBLEM AT THIS TIME OF YEAR WITH CLEANUP PRICING. I USE AN X-MARK 48' TO SHRED THE LEAVES AND A WALKER TO VAC THEM UP AFTER. USUALLY THE LAST CUT I WILL BLOW THE LEAVES OUT OF THE BEDS ON TO THE LAWN. I HAVE A GIANT VAC TRUCK LOADER TO SUCK UP THE PILE OF DEBRIS. O.K., HERE IS THE PROBLEM, USING THE ABOVE EQUIPMENT WE ARE SO EFFICIANT WE CAN DO CLEANUPS ALMOST AS FAST AS THE NORMAL CUT (NOT ON ALL LAWNS) THE CUSTOMER IS LOOKING AT THE TIME ISSUE AND ONLY WANTS TO PAY A LITTLE MORE THEN A MOWING. JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN GIVE ME PRICING IDEAS,I LIVE ON CAPE COD MASS. THANKS FOR YOUR IDEAS...

2. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

If he feels that you are too efficient? Tell him you will use rakes and tarps at $60.00 a man hour. Doesn't he understand that all those expensive goodies that enable you to be that efficient, cost money?He wants your efficiency to go into his pocket. To h-ll with that! Honestly, I wouldn't put up with too much cr-p from this guy.

3. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

With that equipment, dont waste your time with an explanation. Move on, charge and get YOUR price elswhere. Use him as practice developing this aspect of your business.

4. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a friend in this business that charges mow price plus x amount per hopper full of leaves w/ his Walker. I think it is $4 per hopper- I'm not sure, and it is the small GHS hopper. This lets the customer see the difference between mowing and actually hauling leaves away. We are installing a bagger system on our Dixie, and I'm curious to see how much time it saves over our current methods, we may go to this same pricing system. LBi