Fall Cleanup Productivity?!

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by TempleLawnCare, Oct 21, 2012.

1. TempleLawnCare

TempleLawnCare LawnSite Member

I seen that this morning, it's depressing.....I'll definitely be watching his post and my machine.

:usflag:

2. TempleLawnCare

what about checking the valve clearance and tightening as needed, I use to do it on my honda 400ex all the time, find tdc and bam.....

3. TempleLawnCare

Ha recheck that post Daryl...fml...sure enough I broke a pushrod today....forgot to turn the gas on....then backfired when I tried to restart it

4. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Bummer....POS engines! When mine spit out the exhaust valve I had let it run out of gas, which of course makes it run lean. My mechanic said don't let it run out of gas. Never had such a fragile engine!

5. TempleLawnCare

ya real bummer, didn't even get a week out of it....price of buying used, shoulda went with the Husky 580 and gotten a warranty. oh well, lesson learned yet again. already looking into a replacement motor......hopefully I can get this through the fall. Just have to make sure the output shaft is the same and will line up
    http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=28-1694&catname=engines

6. Darryl G

I thought about getting a Honda the last time my Briggs f'd up but just put a new head on instead. I really don't use it much and it's needed 2 engine repairs. I won't tell you what else went on the unit...might jinx you....but if it starts going clang-clang-clang and vibrating like crazy turn it off, lol.

7. TempleLawnCare

What would a long-term solution be, I already feel crippled without it. Doctor this up with a new head, sell it and then......

8. Darryl G

Just start stocking push rods, lol.

9. TempleLawnCare

they got 3 in stock and they are 45 miles away......planned on getting all 3.....what a nightmare.

10. TempleLawnCare

that honda motor would be a nice upgrade......it's sink 600 into something like that or 1400 into a new force13