Fall Cleanup Productivity

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chevyman1, Nov 8, 2004.

1. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

This weekend, my brother in law and I did 9 homes, 3 of which were huge places with a ton of leaves (1500 gallons each place). We had the Cyclone Rake behind the 60 inch Dixie, a hand held JD blower, my brand new RedMax 7001, a tarp, couple rakes...anyways, between the two of us, we grossed $1900 working 8-5 Saturday and 8-4 yesterday and made 1 trailer dump of leaves each day. How does that stack up? Are we in decent shape for a two man show or ahead or behind?

2. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

Chevy, i am no expert at fall price bidding, but i think you could have gotten more if you did 9 places and each had a ton of leaves.

I mean, you got a little more than $200 per house. you two worked 34 man hours for $1900, not incuding the equipment cost. That is $55/man hour

3. chevyman1

onely 3 were really heavy, the rest very light...thanks for the input

4. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

$55 per man hour does not seem that bad. sounds like you guys knocked out some good work, and that equipment is helping out a ton.
    you really have to determine whether your area's market can pay more or not, and base the next time you charge on that.
    Sounds like a very profitable weekend though, good job!

5. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

You blew what I made away. I cant seem to get more then 30 per hour. I cant bid or sell it for more then about that amount.

6. chevyman1

I NEVER get my hourly rate on leaf cleanups or lawns. $200 to get rid of all your leaves in a 1/2 lot and blow out the beds etc which two of us in a normal place take about 1.5 hrs, sounds FAR better than telling somone yeah, uh $110 an hr for both of us doesn't it?

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

You guys did awesome. It's funny, when I first started reading the post, I read you and your brother, then I read 9 homes - 3 of which were really heavy. The first thing I was thinking was "Wow, how did they do this? This ought to be interesting to see their method". But then, right that fast, I read the words "Cyclone Rake", and that really helped explain it. That is just too cool! Isn't it amazing when sometimes you make these investments and they REALLY pay off compared to some others that take a little more. Good luck with the rest of the season, and keep it up!

8. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Okay, big shot, what are you making per man hour?

9. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

Easy there, Mark.

I said i am NO expert. i read that other people get $50-$125 per man hour.

10. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Chevyman
    $55 dollars per hour nothing wrong with that, around here it tops out around $40 if you lucky.So I would be happy getting $55 all day here some place's you will get more.