Fall cleanup rate in NY

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Sup3rman, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Sup3rman

Sup3rman LawnSite Member

I was just wondering if any of you might know what a fall cleanup hourly rate goes for in Orange County, New York. I was thinking of calling a few of the well established companies in the area for a free estimate on my own lawn to guage on pricing but figured I would ask here first.

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

basing your pricing on others is a sure fire way to get in $$ trouble in no time flat. lets say for arguments sake that they charge $30pmh, if you have an operating cost of $35pmh then you obviously can't charge $30pmh. You have to know your business, your costs and your desired/reasonable profit to know what to charge.

3. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

I charge one rate for regular labor and one rate if using power equipment[Blowers, mowers,etc. ie: 25.00-30.00 perman.for straight labor. 15.00for a helper [High schooler etc. pay helper going rate 8.00and up. If using equipment try for 50-60per hr. hope this helps:waving:

4. Sup3rman

Sup3rman LawnSite Member

Well I figured it is still helpful to know the going rates that people are paying the bigger companies. I understand I need to know my own operating costs and what not, believe me.

And thanks Tom C. , your information and input was helpful and appreciated.