Fall Cleanup

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by dmkosko, Aug 16, 2009.

1. dmkosko

dmkosko LawnSite Member

How do you guys price your fall cleanup job? Is it by square ft or the number of services the customer wants? Please help, thanks!

2. powernoje

powernoje LawnSite Member

I usually price fall cleanup work by the hour...If you search for fall cleanup you will find a lot of information..

3. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

Formulas work great. man hours x hourly rate = rate

4. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

i do it by the hour, there a lot of people on here that will tell u they just give a set price but ill bet the house they've been burned a few times. you only have a short period of time to get them done if u spend a couple hours a day trying to give estimates u probably wont get everything done.

5. Lawnchitect

Lawnchitect LawnSite Member

I do it for free. This works great - I charge a premium monthly fee but it includes the spring cut-back and the fall clean-up. Beleive it or not, people love this. All I do is hire help for one week to come with me. It's a minimal cost but when your clients see a mini-yard clean-up in the middle of August, then in the middle of March - they're happy clients.

6. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Our fall cleanup runs from the first accumulation of pine needles next month, run until the first permanent snow fall, starts up again at snow melt and continues until the last oak leaf finally drops in May.
    Oak leaves especially cannot be left on the grass for more than 2 weeks b4 you have a dead spot. Charging by the hour is all we can do.

7. dmkosko

dmkosko LawnSite Member

what services do you offer for a fall and spring clean up?

8. bah1491

bah1491 LawnSite Member

When we do fall cleanups, it usually consists of all leaves removed from spouting, flowerbeds, and mulched up in the yard until they are no longer visible. I usually run a three man crew, one on the roof blowing the spouting out, another blowing the leaves out from the house and beds, and another man on a mower mulching leaves.

I usually charge $75.00 an hour.

9. dmkosko

dmkosko LawnSite Member

thanks for the help. this is going to be my first fall clean up so hopefully it goes smoothly.

10. bah1491

bah1491 LawnSite Member

If you arent collecting the leaves, make sure to run "gator blades" or mulching blades with the teeth on the back of them. They will do WONDERS to a lawn full of leaves.