Fall Cleanup

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bscill, Nov 24, 2003.

1. bscill

bscill LawnSite Member
    from KY

Does anyone have an easier idae or way of picking up hickory nuts rather than blowing them with backpack blowers?payup

2. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Pull behind sweeper. Not fancy,but it gets the job done.

3. bscill

bscill LawnSite Member
    from KY

I wasn't sure if that would work or not, so I didn't try it. Thanks, I will try it later this week.

4. NickN

from Alabama

I can't say enough good things about lawn sweepers.They're hard to beat for quick inexpensive debris removal.There's no motor to maintain.They're relatively cheap.They'll pick up grass clippings,leaves,walnuts,and rocks.
    The downside is dumping.Kinda hard to back one on a trailer to dump leaves.You have to dump them over a tarp and then load it in the trailer or truck.I don't like using it with the ZTR.With the engine in the rear,there's too much of a chance that the pull rope will get caught on something or get hot and catch fire.Works great on a lawn tractor or if you don't mind leaving the rope on the sweeper and getting off the ZTR to dump it.

5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Hey guys. I saw this new walk-behind lawn vac at Expo this year.It's called a Lawn Shark. It had, I think, a 14-15hp engine, hydro controls, a 8-10 bushel debris bag, turf saver tread tires, and a great pickup system. It has a 2 stage induction system comprised of a set of two polypropylene bristle brushes that are offset by a couple inches that are powered separately from the impeller system. I have problems here with butternut trees, and thought this would be a great addition to our leaf cleanup arsenal. It is not out to market yet, but the owner is going to let me know when.The retail is only $ 14-1800.00 if I remember correctly.:gunsfirin No more leaves, please!!!!!

6. NickN

from Alabama

That would be nice,especially at that price.Please keep us informed when/if you hear more.

7. bscill

bscill LawnSite Member
    from KY

yeah sounds like a great machine. Keep us informed. Thanks

8. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Powerbroom into piles, or woods.