fall cleanups with vacuums..what do you have?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by adforester, Jul 29, 2011.

1. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

Actually You're right! Thats what i have The ultra vac with the quick dump.

But as i said before This is A Fall clean up! Since i dont bag until november.
    That goes around and gets all the leaves (while the guys re blowing leaves out of the beds) Then dumps it in the street by the leaf-loader. Then the leaf loader sucks them up..... Definitely get more jobs squeezed into the truck this way.
  2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

Id say I mulch 95% of my fall cleanups. I hit each lawn twice in November. I haul very little. But hey let everyone do it however they want :)
  3. rdharris

rdharris LawnSite Member

I also have a 60" ultra vac with the quick dump bagger. Would adding a mulching kit eliminate the need for a bagger in the early weeks of leaf removal? ( when grass is still growing as the leaves begin to fall )
  4. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

Absolutely. You will be amazed how many leaves you can mulch into dust. It is important that if you are mulching a lot of leaves that they be pretty dry. Otherwise they will turn into a mess. Make sure you are using mulching blades and not high lift or gators or something else. The more leaves you get under the deck at once, the better it cuts them up.