Fall Cleanups

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JBlawncare, Sep 4, 2007.

1. JBlawncare

JBlawncare LawnSite Member

I am just seeing what everyone includes in fall cleanup. What do you offer and how do you charge for it?

2. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Usually, just the leaves...I will blow out the beds if they ask me to. Otherwise I will blow them into to yard and mulch them. On really small yards I might bag them or tarp them...
    I charge $30 per man hour to bag or tarp the leaves. I charge $40 per man hour to mulch them.

3. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

leaves, beds, gutters,

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Much dust, wear, time and weather. End of season. Not many customers like to rake leaves. The system I use is very effective but is a bear on the equipment and operator. Charge accordingly or you will regret getting these jobs. Good Luck.

5. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

I sell leaf maintenance to my regulars. The basic premise is several leaf mulching-mowing services at about 1.5 x the regular cut price. Then a final cleanup that includes blowing out the beds . Some will add the gutter cleaning too. The reason I do this is it helps predict the time it takes to handle leaves and keeps me from loosing revenue when a big wind storm blows the leaves away or snow comes early and the customer just says f-it. One time cleanups ALWAYS take longer than you think so I have learned to price accordingly. I'm a mulch it then grass gobbler it guy. I can leave the bags at the customers curbside in my area too.

6. Daddy Joes Lawn Service

Daddy Joes Lawn Service LawnSite Member

landscape, vacuum front and back yard just make sure it's clean when you leave. Remember it fool's you more there than you think there is. 60.00 on up

7. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

When leaves begn to fall we charge more for bagging, then we like to have one big last clean up. We only charge by the man hour! no estimates, ,or even ball parking figures, just per man hour!

8. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

blow out the beds... suck everything up with the walker.

9. RegalLawnCare.Com

RegalLawnCare.Com LawnSite Member

I'm going to a per/man hour charging this Fall myself. I agree, no estimates for this kind of work, it will bite you in the arse! Glad to hear someone thinking along the same lines

10. Tim's Lawn Care LLC.

Tim's Lawn Care LLC. LawnSite Member

Absolutly! As Nobagger does, $80. an hr. and been having no problem getting plenty of work.