1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

fall cleanups

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmk395, Nov 18, 2002.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

What is your minimum charge for this...do you have one? If I have to haul anytbing my minimum is $200.......$150 minimum for even smallest of yards if its simply blowing leaves in woods
  2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

$100 minimum.
  3. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

$125 min. without hauling leaves $145 min. with hauling leaves
  4. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

$75.00 minimum for leaf vac service only
    $200.00 Minimum for cleanup, unless elderly
  5. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Just started offering curbside/vac service this year due to one of the neighboring towns stopping their free fall pick-up. I have a $100 min. for both vac and clean-up, but honestly, there aren't too many cleanups that only come out to just $100.
    BTW, how do those of you that offer curbside/vac service charge ... hourly, by the number of yards in the truck when you are done, or just take a look and give a set price to suck up whatever they have?
  6. Boycea

I offer leaf vac service and charge by the truck full. I charge $75 a truck full with a one truck minimum. I can usually get them all into one truck, it holds 14.3 cubic yards. When people call and ask me to give them an estimate, I just say on the phone $75 a truck, and that I can probably get it all in one load. I tell them if their are rocks or large sticks in the pile, then they will be charged an additional fee.
  7. KLMlawn

Well around here most compost facilities and landfills get $40 a ton to dump ... at 14 cubic yards, that would be about 1 1/2 tons or a bit more, especially if they are wet.
    I have been leaning more to the $25 per yard that I take away, that way I get paid for my time and have a portion included to go towards dumping. Especially with the compression ratio of about 5:1 or even 6:1 of yards of loose leaves in the street as opposed to what is left in the truck after they go thru the loader, the customer is getting a deal. BTW, my truck holds about 10-11 cubic yards ...
  8. Boycea

I found a farm that is about 2 miles away from my house that charges nothing to dump leaves and grass becasue they use it for soil. You might want to look around for garden centers and farms that offer free drop off of clean leaves.
  9. KLMlawn

Well, I am in a more suburban area, not really rural with many farms close by. Would have to drive at least 30 minutes or more to find a farmer who would possibly take them ... at least the town compost facilty is about 10 minutes away and I don't have to search around. It is a good idea, I will look into it for next Fall though ... especially when they want $60 or so every time I go to dump leaves.
  10. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

hello DMK,

Do customers actually pay you 150 dollars to bag up 3 or 4 bags on very small lawns? 150 dollars for 20 -30 minutes work. That would be nice