Fall Flyers?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by grassmonkey0311, Aug 27, 2014.

1. grassmonkey0311

grassmonkey0311 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MD/NC

I just ordered 5000 Fall flyers to see if I can drum up some business before the season comes to an end.

Anyone do this before? What was your response rate?

This is a first time for me, so we'll see what happens!

2. Dr. Cornwallis

Dr. Cornwallis LawnSite Senior Member

I've done it before with good success, however, I live in south west Florida. Grass pretty much gross year round here.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. grassmonkey0311

from MD/NC

I wish that was the case for me!!

I designed a basic Fall flyer...with fall leaves, reminding people of fall clean ups, etc.

I've never seen any Fall flyers around here. All the flyers stop showing up around Memorial Day.

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

When I worked for a major company--sales fell to almost zero by the tenth of September. But you can probably get a number of new sales or one-time leaf cleanup jobs in the fall.

However it is hard work. Really HARD!

5. grassmonkey0311

from MD/NC

The flyers come in today....we'll see what happens!

I'll be targeting clean ups, etc.

6. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

I think its a good idea and I've done it every year I'm in business and i get roi and make money and get new clients. The best party you said is no one else does it there its no competition like in the spring
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Kawizx62003

Kawizx62003 LawnSite Silver Member

Just picked up an undisclosed number of postcards from a local printshop! So I am going for it too.

8. BTLawncare

BTLawncare LawnSite Member

I too am going to try a door hanger campaign this fall. I will be using door hangers leftover from the spring that will work for any time of year. One of my problems is getting the timing right and the other is getting them out. I ordered 2500 in the spring from a local print shop and only managed to get about 500 out before getting to busy to get more out. (Between door hangers, once a week paper add and craigslist). It's my wife and I and we can't afford to pay anyone to put them out.

If you get a good bit out in neighborhoods that have a lot of trees, you should do pretty good. Best of luck.

9. grassmonkey0311

from MD/NC

Quick update, I did 2500 last week. I got a few requests for quotes and mowing, hopefully more will come in next month.

I figured I would get a bunch of requests for quotes, but if not....live and learn. Made my investment back on 1 job so I'm not worried about it.

10. tigerwash

tigerwash LawnSite Member

Keep us updated on how this turns out. I plan on putting out some doorhangers before the season's over.