1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fall Has Arrived?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by stickleylawncare, Sep 7, 2011.

1. stickleylawncare

stickleylawncare LawnSite Member

Finished mowing today and barely broke a sweat. The change has been so sudden in the last week and a half... hope its here to stay!
  2. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

We've gone from mid to upper 90s to 55 in less than a week.
    Cold rain has today's mowing on ice. Tomorrow is a big day because of it.
    Friday, saturday and sunday this week are vacation for me.

It'll soon pass and we'll be back into the 70s maybe even 80s briefly.
    But the 90s are gone until next year.
    A killing frost is only a few weeks away. Already got a nip on the bean plants.
    Full scale sprinkler winterization begins the first week of Oct.
  3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Was nice this morning. Dew point below 65 until noon. But the humidity moved back in this afternoon. Heat index is back up to 90 now. Better than 110 though.
  4. September has been "nice" so far. We have high 80's-low 90's but with a breeze and less humidity. I really think we are going to have an earlier and longer winter this year. After may-august, we deserve it.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Nah its just a tease. It will be back in the upper 90s here come end of the week
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

Monsoon season has arrived here in sw Florida......been raining like crazy
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. Krazy, you ever gonna respond to my pm?? Would appreciate the info....
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

yes! i agree! started raining around noon yesterday, got totally soaked cuz this storm just dropping buckets of rain, rain blowing sideways..couldn't get to the truck fast enough.....get up this morning to get ready to hook up, starts raining again...only a day behind, so i guess i have to bust butt tomorrow to catch up.
  9. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

Been raining quite a bit. Right on schedule. I just mow in the rain with my rain coat. I cannot stand being behind, it just drives me nuts. The grass still looks nice even though i am mowing in the rain. My customers never say anything. I just keep my blades sharp and usually cut a notch higher when raining . I just hate having wet shoes all day. O well.
  10. johnsonslawnmanagement

johnsonslawnmanagement LawnSite Senior Member

Bermuda has almost completely stopped growing here in just one week. Leaves beginning to let go from cottonwoods and maples.... Smells like fall to me
    Posted via Mobile Device