Fall is coming (mo money)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by harperservices, Aug 29, 2002.

1. harperservices

harperservices LawnSite Member

What's the best way to get up all those leaves. Have been doing it the old fashon way and just rake or use my wb with the bagger.

2. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Raking is by far the best way, everyone here will agree.

3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Raking is the best QUALITY way to do it, but it is very time consuming.

4. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Raking takes way too much time. It also sucks.

Get a Walker with a GHS system.

5. Wayne Offiler

Wayne Offiler LawnSite Member

What's a "rake"?
    52", 18 hp Bunton hdro WB with huge entension on my bagger. Double blades, Gator magnums on the top. Run over the leaves, mulch them up. Usually couple of tarps full and I'm done. Dump in the woods, or throw in the back of my truck. (of course, I blew the beds and small tricky areas out onto the lawn first) Couple of hours for the average lawn. (I'm solo)

6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Lol. I think i would shoot myself if i had to rake anything. the only thing that gets raked, is the pile of leaves going into the billy goat leaf loader. Do yourself a favor, and buy a vac system and a good sized leaf blower. You will be way more productive.

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

If I had a rake it would be sitting next to my reel mower!

Walker GHS will outperform all others when it comes to leaves, if you are talking about bagging.

I have refined the system and still bag but I bag much less. More money, less time.

8. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Raking leaves is the worst! Either get a collection system of if possible just keep mulching them up if there aren't too many.

9. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Because of allergies to dust I had to quit picking up leaves a couple seasons before I sold the rest of my lawn biz. But the last fall I picked up leaves I didn't even own a rake. Back pak blower for the beds and around the sides and a Walker GHS for every thing else. If the pile was too high I would mulch it and then bag. You could take a pile that was 2' high and as long as a pick up truck and mulch it up, then bag it and there would only be ONE garbage bag full. Pretty slick. Also a lot of dust.

10. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I don't rake at all cause most of my properties are over 20,000 sq. ft. I usually use my bp blower and this fall my boss said he'd give me his w/b giant Vac whisper jet to use for leaves too.