Fall is in the air.......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yardboyltd, Aug 14, 2002.

1. yardboyltd

yardboyltd LawnSite Senior Member

Almost overnight two days ago, it transistioned from 100 summer heater to no humidity, nice breeze, and nice temps... Not only that, that fall smell is in the air. Reminds me of football games and good times. Fall is my favorite season. It's refreshed me to finish the season motivated.

2. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Yardboy-

Its been high 90's and humid here....I hope the cool weather is headed our way.

Jim:blob2:

3. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

Its been hot and DRY here. Last few days 100%humidity and 95+ temps and in the city that is about 105. O yea and when I mowed my lawn last week I had leaves all over it already. I need a good month before leaf season!

4. Thet's beauty of the midwest.

Yup Fall seeding is around the corner.

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Yea yard boy, it was a nice break. Sunday suppose to back to high 90's here in Kansas.

MATT

6. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

Spring is in the air here Its nearly spring time down the bottom here,trees are starting to leaf up,bulbs are flowering everywhere,I even caught a whiff of fresh mown grass when I was driving along in the truck.Now if only the rain would stop I could get out and mow some grass:D

7. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

its way to hot here, its been in the 90s and going to be in the low hundreds for the rest of the week. im almost ready for leaf season.

8. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

Jimbo
    what part of maryland are you from?

Steve

9. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Steve,

Im in Frederick, MD.

dlandscaping- Isn't 100% humidity "raining"?

Jim:p

10. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

Jimbo
    You would think what was the temp up there? Here in southern md it was like 105 with heat index, not much growing down here not even weeds, well they are calling for rain this weekend lets keep the rain dance going until it does:blob3:

Steve