1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

fall leaf bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by skrats, Oct 4, 2002.

1. skrats

skrats LawnSite Member

i need some advice with this bid
    i am cutting two yards that have similar amt of trees in them
    they are 60 and 50 dollars each just to cut and it takes me approx an hour to complete
    now that fall is coming they want an estimate on the fall cleanup
    none of my other yards are this big with full tree coverage
    i am thinking of telling them that since there is a 1oo% coverage of those huge trees that i am going to say that there is a 100% markup for the leaves to be reomoved from the yard,landscapes,etc.
    is this a good formula??
  2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I would do a search. There have been tons of discussions on this topic in the past. There is alot of good advise to read through that has been posted. Leaves are very hard to predict, conditions like wind make it hard to really estimate how many leaves will be in a yard. Good Luck!!!
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Do a Serach and you will find that your 100% markup is way too low.

Leaf Clean-up is hard work...so charge accordingly I say.
  4. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Rod is correct... you need to do some research, or do as I do (which ain’t the norm). I have one lawn that is $50 a cut. However, it's $135 to clean the lawn and gather/blow the leaves into a pile, plus another $175 to pickup and dispose of them.
    I realize I don't follow the normal routine of the rest of you guy's, but I've never had an unhappy or surprised customer by telling them its $100/hour for myself and my helper. By being up front there are no ill feelings later on. But, if you’re looking to make a killing, and try to hide how longs it takes, that’s your business.
    For the record, I'm using two redmax back packs, a 14hp Fradan blower, and a 10hp adjustable chute Billygoat blower.